M5 - Add XY and Geocoding

 Link to web map

http://arcg.is/1yjyuv0

This two part lab was very informative, interdisciplinary, and engaging. I learned a multitude of new GIS concepts throughout this lab that will certainly be applicable to my future coursework and career. Starting out with creating and manipulating data in the excel spreadsheet allowed me to understand how the data should look for implementation into ArcGIS Pro and was good practice in brushing up on my Excel skills. After doing so and importing the data into the map, I was able to use an address locater and geocode to produce a basic map of all of the schools within Brevard County, Florida. The usage of the different tools and skills that were utilized in this lab were all very exciting and fun to work with. What I had trouble most with was exporting my map to a web map version, which I have learned the basics of through much troubleshooting. Essentially, the basemap and the layers I had created were of two different projections and I simply had to find a basemap of the same projection to be able to export my map from ArcGIS pro to the web map. Other than this minor issue, did not come across any major hangups in the lab and feel as though my skills and efficiency are becoming much better!